Founder of www.StyledByKristin.com and design company KRISTIN, Kristin Omdahl frequently contributes to the website that bears her name. In addition to showcasing her designs, Kristin serves up terrific articles about knitting, crochet, yarn and even a few sneak peeks at what's new.
Kristin Omdahl designs knit and crochet garments and patterns under her label KRISTIN, and is the author of "Knitting Outside the Swatch" (Interweave, October 2013), "The Finer Edge" (Interweave, December 2012), "Seamless Crochet" (Interweave, December 2011), "A Knitting Wrapsody" (Interweave, January 2011), "Crochet So Fine" (Interweave, July 2010) and "Wrapped In Crochet" (Interweave, 2008). She was the crochet expert for 8 seasons on Knitting Daily TV on public television, and she conducts seminars around the country on crochet and in her DVD workshops, "Crochet Basics and Beyond with Kristin Omdahl" (Interweave 2011) and "Innovative Crochet: Motifs" (Interweave, 2009). Kristin's work has appeared in Interweave Crochet, Interweave Knits, Knitscene, Vogue Knitting, plus books including " Blueprint Crochet Sweaters" (Interweave 2012), "Unexpected Afghans" (Interweave 2012, "Crochet Gifts" (Interweave, 2009) and "Crochet Me" (Interweave, 2007). She enjoys knitting and crocheting in her orchid garden in sunny, Southwest Florida. Check out what's new with Kristin at www.StyledbyKristin.com.
Passionate about design, Kristin seeks inspiration in textures geometric shapes found in nature. Her quirky fondness of mathematics and attraction to natural fibers make knitting and crochet heaven on earth for this talented designer.
Ten random things about me:
1. I'm a single mom whose learning (and loving) to be a tomboy with my adventurous son - camping, fishing, sports and whatever else he comes up with!
2. I learned to run, trained for, and ran a marathon at 37yrs old (26.2 miles)
3. I taught myself to knit and crochet while pregnant and living over seas
4. I'm teaching myself how to play guitar right now. I want to learn to play "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock, and any Zac Brown Band or Bob Marley songs. I would love to play well enough to not embarrass myself at the beach. Dream of all dreams would be to join in with a bar band on stage one day!
5. My favorite movies are The Godfather and P.S. I Love You. If the day ever came where I had to choose between Gerard Butler and Jeffrey Dean Morgan... but Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson trumps both of them... just saying...
6. I love to cook and bake, and enjoy experimenting with my own recipes. I'm especially fond of Mediterranean cooking: Italian, Lebanese, Moroccan & Greek.
7. I love math more than I should admit. I find reasons to make calculations in my head all the time. And I calculate my gas mileage every time I fill my gas tank.
8. I was a model as a teenager. I had the same agent at Cindy Crawford in Chicago, went to the same parties as the Victoria Secret models in New York and worked with Brooke Shields once. I met a rock star at a party once, was so afraid of his proposition, I hid in the bathroom for half an hour until he left! Hint: he owns a tequila company and restaurant chain now.
9. I love to read before going to sleep every night. My favorite books are "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coehlo, "The New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle, "The Witching Hour" by Anne Rice, "The Stand" by Stephen King, and my favorite series is "The Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon.
10. If money were no object, I'd live in a palace on the sea. Otherwise, I hope to one day live in a cottage or hut on the beach.